New Steps

Should we have paint under our shoes, we could remember more easily where we have been...

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Chinese Thanksgiving?!?






I'm not big on traditions, but I have to admit I'm a little disappointed by my Thanksgiving weekend. I had been expecting a nice turkey diner....

Saturday morning, bright and early, my husband and I went up north to harvest my uncle's vineyards. We were about 30 people to take off the nets (to keep birds from eating the grapes), and then proceed to cut off the nice, plumply, juicy, tasty grapes. We had two fields to harvest, but it only took us about 3 hrs. We spent the afternoon playing football, and let me tell you that it was quite interesting to see my uncle going nuts running, jumping, pushing. Imagine a little 5" Quebec French guy giggling as he speeds by you. Nevertheless, I manage to get a touchdown for my team; quite a feat if you consider I'm only 5"3. Hence forth I've been called Speedy Mimi!

We finished the day by having supper with a few of my cousins (some where my uncle's where we had been harvesting and they, of course, brought the wine!). We had a nice fondue.

Sunday morning we had a brunch at my parents: no turkey. I was starting to get anxious to see that sexy bird, but we still had the supper to look to.

Sunday supper was at Matt's parents. They usually are a bit more traditional then my family. Gasp and inner giggle! We were to have fondue, again! I asked if there would be turkey meat? No... sniff, sniff. I had to imagine the little bits of meat were juicy turkey.

I guess next year I'll have to plan it myself!


1 Comments:

  • At 1:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awww, no sexy birds? I had turkey at a church event last Monday (a week early), and then at work on Thursday, but alas! there was no family dinner because my in-laws were on vacation in Italy and my own parents were four provinces away. On Thanksgiving Sunday we had pasta with pesto and veggies with some friends instead.

    Those grapes look lovely.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home